I survived all three days of the fruit flush. Here are my parting thoughts:
1. Drastic calorie restriction is incredibly uncomfortable. Even though I was eating regularly, I felt the result of consuming a little over half the calories I usually consume. I was hungry a lot, I was lethargic, and it took more willpower than I should probably admit.
2. Fruit is delicious. Eating so much of it made me want to continue eating healthy, as well.
3. I didn’t weigh myself, but I don’t think I lost any weight. Not that I was doing this flush to lose weight, but it made me wonder if the huge calorie restriction put me into starvation mode and my body started conserving every calorie I ate. Not that it’s a huge concern, but I thought about it.
4. My severely uncomfortable digestive symptoms definitely decreased. It was an immediate marked difference. I am not feeling perfect, and probably never will, but the difference is worth noting for sure.
5. Overall, I consider this a success. Maybe it wouldn’t be as hard the next time around, should I choose to repeat this.
This month I’m going to be completely vegetarian every day, instead of only on weekdays, as an experiment on how my stomach feels. I also am training for a 5k, so we’ll see how well I make the adjustment. I need to be better at getting up early to hit the gym before work. Wish me luck!